Welcome!

A place to share ideas that will enrich the lives of our students

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Heart Words....a.k.a. Sight Words

Instead of calling  sight words by this name, I call them Heart Words in my classroom because they kids have to learn these words by heart. Sight words are not "rule followers" and  must be memorized. I usually begin sight words the second week of school and introduce 2-4 words per week.  In the beginning, I make one of the sight words a color word each week. Then, I move on to adding the numbers words for 1-10 (again, adding one of these to my Heart Words each week).  Below is a link to my Heart Word unit that you can find on TPT. 
  
Words we need to know by heart!
(Sight words)


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Heart-Words

Here are some sample pages from this document...



No comments:

Post a Comment