Welcome!

A place to share ideas that will enrich the lives of our students

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Math Stations

Today, my kindergarten students began a new rotation of math stations - focusing on fall and Halloween.  The first station is called Candy Corn Measuring.  The students work with a partner to determine how many candy corn (large cutouts) pieces tall they are.  Then, they record it on a recording sheet and use the mini-candy corn cutouts to clue next to a their drawing of themself.   


At another station called "Spooky Spin and Graph" (from TPT's Kathleen Pederson "It's Fall Y'all"), the students spin the spinner, then they make a graph to record their spin each time.  After spinning a predetermined number of times, they complete an analyzing data sheet. 

In "Spider Sums"  (TPT's Kathleen Pederson's "It's Fall Y'all), the students roll two dice.  They place that number of bats from the first die on the first spider web and repeat with the second die. (Spiders would have been better to use, but I didn't have any!) Then, on the recording sheet, they write down the numbers in the blanks and add the two numbers together to get the sum.......

Great Fall Fun!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What cutie pies you have. I love the candy corn measuring!

    I am happy to be your 1st follower. Wahoo!

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I've visited your blog and became a follower! Thanks for sharing and following me!

      Delete
  2. Awwww there's my Baby Z!!! So glad he has you for his teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathi! Zander is so much fun to have in class! And sooo smart! I'm really glad he is in my room!!

      Delete