Welcome!

A place to share ideas that will enrich the lives of our students

Friday, April 5, 2013

Dr. Suess!

I have not posted in soooo long!  I am soooo sorry!  Coaching the academic team and teaching kindergarten and hosting the regional Governor's Cup absolutely took over my life.  It took me a couple of weeks to recover, BUT now I'm back.  I have some fun pics  to share with you from our Read Across America - Happy Birthday Dr. Suess week! 

 
Since the cafeteria ladies made the REAL Green Eggs and Ham for lunch one day, I made a tastier version for our snack.  I just used sugar cookie dough (store bought) and a cookie cutter that I bent into a fried egg shape.  The green egg yolk is some Easter candy that I found by Hersheys.  The kids liked my Green Eggs better than the cafeterias!!!!

 
As I read a different book every day of Read Across America week, we made a craft to go with that book.  You can see "One Fish, Two Fish", "Cat in the Hat" (2 different projects), "Green Eggs and Ham", and "The Lorax".  Such fun!  I just love art projects!

 
Each day of the week, our school had a different theme so the kids could dress the part of the Dr. Suess book.  (pajama day for the Sleep book; crazy socks for Fox in Socks; Hat day for Cat in the Hat; Green day for Green Eggs and Ham)   This was crazy sock day.  Although you can't see my crazy socks - I had to go to an ARC meeting so I had to roll my pants legs back down.  I really have on Hello Kitty multicolored socks!!!  My assistant, Stephanie, surprised me with the Thing One and Thing Two shirts.  I loved them!!!  Such a fun week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment